August 1, 2022
Nurse & Health Services
Debbie Dickert, BSN, RN, IL/CSN
Westmont Junior High School has a nurse on duty from 8am until 3:30pm. The school nurse follows regulatory guidelines as set forth by the School Code of Illinois and the Illinois Nurse Practice Act. The nurse works closely with all staff, utilizing the school health program to contribute significantly to the attainment of optimum health and safety, so that the maximum educational potential of each student is reached.
The Nurse’s office is located near the front entrance of the school. The office phone number is 630-468-8234 and the FAX number is 630-654-2203.
- Assist students with everyday health issues, as well as chronic conditions.
- Safely manage and administer medications per physicians’ orders.
- Maintain students immunization and health records. Promote regular health, dental, and eye exams.
- Promote awareness of health concerns for students and staff.
- Maintain and monitor physician's orders regarding mental, physical or emotional conditions that may limit student participation in school.
- Develop 504 Plans and IEPs for students.
Vision and Hearing screening: Vision and Hearing screening is provided for all special education students, foster children, new students, and students referred by teachers. Vision screening is provided for all 8th grade students.
Physical Exam/Immunization Requirements: The School Code of Illinois requires each student entering 6th grade to have a physical exam completed by a MD, DO, Advanced Practice Nurse, or Physicians’ Assistant, on file in the health office.
- Complete Physicals are required for 6th grade students and new students transferring from out of state. 6th graders do not need a sports physical.
- The "Medical History” section must be completed by a parent or legal guardian. The two remaining sections must be completed by the health care provider.
- Immunizations, Tdap and Meningitis, are required for all 6th graders.
- Sports Physicals are required for 7th and 8th grade students wishing to participate in sports. 6th grade students do not need a sports physical.
- Eye Exams are required for students transferring from out of state.
- Dental Exams are required for all 6th grade students.
Physical and Immunization records are to be provided in August and September. Failure to provide these by October 15th, will result in the student’s exclusion from school.
Eye exams are to be provided in August and September, no later than October 15th.
Dental Exams can be provided any time during the school year, but no later than May 15th.
Transfer student requirements: Students transferring from an Illinois school must bring a copy of their 6th grade physical, and complete immunization record. Students transferring from schools out of the state or out of the country have 30 days from their first day of enrollment to obtain a physical exam, up-to-date immunizations and an eye exam provided by an eye doctor. Failure to provide health records in 30 days will result in exclusion from school.
Health Concerns: It is important to identify any health concerns, allergies or medications on the back side of the physical form. Please call the school nurse to identify/discuss any serious health issues that your student may have prior to the start of the school year. Throughout the school year, it is critical to immediately notify the health office of any changes in medical conditions or medications.
Medications: If your child requires medications during the school day, a medication permission form must be filled out by the parent and prescribing doctor. Students are prohibited from carrying medications or keeping medications in their locker. Only those students who are authorized may carry Epi-pens and/or rescue inhalers.
Let's have a healthy year!
- CUSD 201 Health Requirements 2020-2021
- Immunization Schedule [ English ]
- Health Exam Form [ English | Spanish ]
- Dental Exam Form [ English | Spanish ]
- Dental Exam Waiver Form [ English | Spanish ]
- Eye Exam Form [ English ]
- Sports Physical Form - (IESA/IHSA)
- Medication Authorization Form
- Allergy Action Plan [ English | Spanish ]
- Asthma Action Plan
- Diabetes Action Plan [ Pre-K | K-12 ]
- Seizure Action Plan