Students: Be an Election Judge!
Students Age 16+ Can Serve As Election Judges!
Recently, Gov. Pritzker signed Public Act 101-0642 into law, designating November 3, 2020 as Election Day, a state holiday. As a result of this, CUSD 201 will not have school on this day. Additionally, it creates an opportunity for high school juniors and seniors who live in DuPage County to be appointed as Election Judges, even if they are not old enough to register to vote.
What are the qualifications necessary to be a High School Judge of Election (First Judge)?
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must be a high school student in good standing
- Must be at least 16 years old on election day
- Must maintain a grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Must be certified by attending a 3-hour training/test session
Pay: $130 base pay plus $130 COVID Supplement and an additional $30 for mandatory on-line Biennial Training. Election Judges must work Election Day to receive compensation for Training.
Hours: Election Day starting at 5:00 am until approximately 9:00 pm
Complete this form electronically and send it to Students: Be an Election Judge!
DEADLINE IS OCTOBER 3, 2020.