Teaching & Learning
Welcome to the CUSD 201 Curriculum Website where you will find information related to current curriculum initiatives.
It is CUSD 201's vision to provide all our students with the opporutnity to be successful in meeting and surpassing the Illinois State Learning Standards.
The standards are a culmination of the Common Core English Language Arts and Mathematics Standards, the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS), and the College, Career and Civic Life (C3) Framework.
The District believes that improving upon the student's ability to read, write, collaborate, and problem solve will fully prepare him or her for a successful future.
- Common Core Standards.
- Common Core Standards central to the unit of study
- Learner statements which are written student friendly language
- Important academic vocabulary
- Assessments - How will we know when the student knows the skill?
- Resources - What will we use to teach the skill?
The purpose of the curriculum map is to document every aspect of teaching and learning in a way to communicate, plan, and refine classroom instruction.