October 21, 2022
Dear CUSD 201 Families,
Northwestern Medicine and the IDPH have shared information with school districts that there has been an increase in RSV cases. The same mitigations that prevent the spread of COVID-19 also help prevent the spread of RSV and flu. Mask indoors in crowded areas, especially at large gatherings during the upcoming holiday season, to prevent acquiring any infection, such as RSV, flu, or COVID-19.
- Mask indoors in crowded areas, especially at large gatherings during the upcoming holiday season, to prevent acquiring any infection, such as RSV, flu, or COVID-19.
- Wear a mask if you develop any symptoms, such as a runny nose, cough, or fever.
- Cover your cough and sneezes and stay home until you feel better or fever free for at least 24 hours without needing fever-reducing medications.
- During holiday parties or communal dining, make sure to frequently wash one’s hands with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer and avoid touching utensils that are frequently handled by others.
- Whenever possible, maximize indoor ventilation and air circulation.
- Get vaccinated for the flu and get up to date on the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as possible.
- If your child is 6 months or older, and qualifies for Synagis for RSV prevention, talk to your provider at the earliest.
Halloween is a little over a week away, and around the corner are the holidays. Please take precautions to keep your family healthy.
DuPage County’s COVID-19 transmission level is low. (DCHD COVID-19 Dashboard). The District no longer requires students to wear masks indoors. Students have the option to wear a mask.
CUSD 201 has updated its COVID-19 protocols based on guidance from the CDC, IDPH, and DCHD.
The IDPH has updated the school decisions making tree to help schools to know when to exclude students (School Decision Tree).
You can review the protocols on our website or use this link (CUSD 201 COVID-19 Protocols).
Parents should keep children with COVID-19 symptoms at home.
The District will be following the CDC Guidance for Schools. Students who test positive for COVID-19 will need to quarantine for five days. A student can return to school on the sixth day but will be required to wear a mask until day ten.
Please remember that this is a very fluid situation. The CDC may update its guidelines throughout the year. As the CDC changes its guidance, the District will adapt ours.
National School Lunch Program:
The National School Lunch Program is not operating under an emergency order. Only students who qualify are eligible for a free breakfast and lunch.
Please enjoy the holiday weekend.