New Student Information
Students transferring to Westmont High School MUST reside within District 201’s boundaries. Please see the district map to verify these boundaries:
* The family must be physically occupying the residence on a daily basis. Students who are enrolled and later found not to be legal residents are subject to immediate dismissal. Illinois law has made it a crime to knowingly or willfully present false information regarding the residency of a student for purposes of enabling that student to attend Westmont High School when the student is known to be a non-resident of District 201. Please click here to view the district's registration site. www.cusd201.org/registration/map
The following steps must be taken (according to the specific directions listed below) in order to register a new student at Westmont High School:
1) Contact Bessma Shammas, the Westmont High School Registrar, at (630) 468-8107 to set up an appointment.
2) Provide the following paperwork:
- Official Birth Certificate (certified translation if necessary)
- Copy of any custody agreement (if applicable)
- TWO Current Proofs of In-District Residency showing the name of parent or legal guardian (real estate tax bill, mortgage papers, signed lease, gas or electric bill [not telephone bill], agreement of sale, voter registration card, home/apartment insurance, public aid card, or automobile registration)
- Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) Student Transfer Form from the student’s previous school documenting that the student is in good standing (only if student is transferring from another public Illinois institution)
- Health and Immunization Records (per Illinois School Code)
- Any current grades (if transferring mid-year), report cards, and transcripts
- Current IEP/504 (if applicable)
3) Meet with a school counselor to review academic progress, set-up a schedule, and discuss future academic plans.
4) If parents/guardians would like to schedule a tour of Westmont High School, the WHS principal should be contacted. He can be reached through the main office at (630) 468-8100.
5) All new students will have an opportunity to tour the school and discuss any new student questions/concerns with a WHS Student Ambassador. New students will also review a copy of the WHS Activities Guide.